Wednesday, June 3, 2009

been so long

hey, hey!

sheesh! it has been far too long since my last post. this is not to say i have been unproductive. quite the opposite, actually. i have been stitching and stitching and re-organizing and re-thinking on the madebyhank part of life. i finished up some special bags for friends that should have been finished so many months ago. and in the katie part of life, i have been celebrating birthdays and making new friends and finding new adventures and rediscovering my love for baking.

i have also been shy about posting because i have some sad news to share. it is with a heavy heart that i must tell you that i will not be attending the renegade craft fair in brooklyn this weekend.

there are one hundred reasons why, but mainly because, sadly, i am not a superhero. i am just a katie, and i know that i need to catch up and keep my shop stocked and i know that both of those things will not happen for quite some time, and for even more time if i went to renegade. i also need to take care of myself, and these frustratingly delicate arms of mine. i need to keep my body healthy and myself happy and i want my love of sewing to continue to grow.

and so i will stay in philadelphia, and i know many of you will be very disappointed in me, myself included. but! on the bright side, this means i will be able to do a much better job of keeping my shop stocked, so look for new items added daily.

there will be some new clutches later today.



13 comments:

Timmery said...

Take good care of yourself! Your health and well-being are so important--good decision on your part (even if it was disappointing). It's okay to not be a superhero :)

chris @ court + hudson said...

oh i'm so sad - renegade was going to be my only hope to get a shoulder bag (since your shop sells out in seconds everytime!) but your health, life, and sanity should always come first! we don't want you to be a superhero anyway, we like katie! ;)

Penny said...

It's important to look after yourself!!! If I sew too much I start to not like it anymore, it's good to prevent that, especially when you make stuff as cool as yours :)

Anonymous said...

you are totally a superhero katie... a different kind of superhero... the kind that sends amazing packages to friends that totally cheers them up after a crabby long day!
take care my lovely katie! being healthy and happy is so good... i'm beginning to get back to my old self and... boy, does it feel good!
happy sewing!

lori vliegen said...

it takes a wise and courageous woman to make good decisions for herself...so, take good care, you wise and courageous woman! :)

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

your pouches are adorable!

DoubleTroubleJigsawPuzzles said...

Congrats on all of your sales! I've been visiting your store numerous times since you were the featured seller. I truly enjoy browsing through your items. :)

City Chic Country Mouse said...

do you ever get the chance to make something nice for yourself? if not, you should do this. it's wonderful to make lovely things for others, but sometimes we forget to treat ourselves. so treat yourself to something nice, whatever it may be!

Lauren Haupt Estes said...

well, I'm bummed out that I won't get a chance to introduce myself in person, but I wholly agree with your thoughts. very well said. and I can't imagine anyone, especially yourself, being disappointed in you. they would have to be crazy!

bo said...

i love the clutches, as always. and i'm so glad you chose to take care of yourself. it's sometimes hard to do that, isn't it?

miss mosley said...

i will be your assistant!!

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

Your stuff is so cute!! I understand what it's like to be a one-(wo)man-band, keep up the good work. I don't know you but I be people will pick a katie over a superhero any day :)

missandyd said...

Cute Stuff!! Ditto on what everyone else has said...I think that if you do to much of a good (a.k.a. sewing) thing its not so good anymore :) Keep up the good work and you are a superhero for making hard decisions.