Wednesday, November 18, 2009

new in the shop, new on my arm

i had such plans for today, and hopes for all of crossing things off of my ever growing to-do list. but instead i locked myself and frances (my dog) out of the house this morning. we walked our usual morning walk to the coffee shop and back home, only to realize my keys were not in any of my pockets, and unfortunately neither was my cell phone. we walked to broad street and hopped in a cab and headed to the gallery where my housemate works, only to learn that he had just left for a day trip to baltimore. so into another cab and back to south philadelphia we went, to try and track someone down at the coffee shop who might have my landlord's (we call her our friendlord) phone number. luckily she had just gotten back from her trip to florida so frances and i walked over there to pick up the extra keys. nearly three hours, thirty dollars, and about a total of forty blocks later, frances and i finally made it home. at least it was super beautiful outside today. perhaps it was the universe's way of forcing me to spend a little extra time in the sunshine. frances is snoring away after all of the excitement!

thank you all for your kind words and well-wishes the past few days. i am feeling much better and finally did some serious sewing yesterday for the first time in a few days.

i just added a few new colors of zipper purses to the shop, mostly in shades of purple, lavender, and plum. i also have a few shoulder bags in the works in similar shades, and will have those ready and in the shop soon.







oh, and i got a new tattoo a few weeks ago. it is on my right arm, of a pair of antique embroidery scissors i have.

new tattoo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh they're gorgeous... love the colors. I want them all! Now to stalk your etsy until they appear. : )

meredith said...

you and i are twins so often, katie - i have that grid shirt and those shoes! and even the scissors! mine were my grandmas. i love your tattoo.

Candice Hartsough said...

ooh i love how the tattoo kind of looks like a mechanical bird.

i am pam said...

I'm a fan of yours - I keep buying your little bags and I'm a fan of tattoos...keep up the great work!

Mary Andrews said...

My goodness that tattoo is stunning. I have the same pair of scissors without the same tattoo bravery. That tattoo was enough to pull me out of blog reader into blog commenter.

xoxo

Mary

Hanna said...

cute! I love the purplish red bag. The color is so pretty!

Unknown said...

That tattoo is wonderful!

Lauren Haupt Estes said...

love the new tattoo - it looks great!

VisionQuest said...

LOVE the purples!! but not as much as the new tat. my g-ma had scissors like those

Shella said...

i love your tattoo! very creative, says something about you :) love reading your blog and seeing your creations :)