Saturday, March 6, 2010


music together. (please do not copy)

my close friend kat who works at snyderman-works gallery (where one of my sewn illustrations is currently on display as part of their fibers biennial) was working the other day and left her bag unattended. someone attempted to steal her wallet, and her boss (who is 73) chased them around old city for several blocks, along with other local shop owners. a few local news stations interviewed them about the incident, and kat made sure to include her madebyhank bag in the shots as much as possible. thanks kat! (her wallet was recovered and no one was hurt, even though her boss was nearly maced twice, but was able to duck in time!)

this is the video clip from the newscast.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Gallery_Owner_Chases_Down_Alleged_Robber_Philadelphia.html

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Gosh! that's horrible. but I'm so glad everything is okay!

meredith said...

that's awesome! i also love the part that mentions he was wearing clogs.

Shirin said...

Great story. Makes for some good mental visuals..

I love the photo by the way, so funny. I'd love to join them, really.


www.shirinhandmade.com/blog

EllyMae said...

Have you considered selling prints of your sewn drawings? I would empty out my checkbook to have a whole wall of them if I could!

Unknown said...

such a great story! glad to see that people are willing to still chase down robbers...even if they are wearing clogs!

grrfeisty said...

what a great story! and video!