Monday, February 2, 2009

deadbeat blogger

geez, i am a deadbeat blogger these days, and i sure am sorry.

i have been super busy, that is for certain.

what have i been up to?

sew much! (that one's for pete miller)

i have been sewing and sewing and sewing. i finally finished up the newest set of sewn drawings for my show at bambi this friday. it took at least fourteen times longer than had expected/hoped, but i got to hang out with candace, and she is a super cool lady. and we ate really good really bad snacks and also went on a very dusty and moldy top secret adventure.

the week before last i got to spend some time with mike elias, who is on my top five best dudes of all time list. we drank a lot of coffee and a lot of beer and told lots of good stories and laughed a lot and we went to the whispering wall for a bit, which is a magical place. he and his wife have a baby on the way, and i am very excited for them. and also very excited that i finally have someone to pass the very best very tiny shirt ever on to. this shirt was 45 cents at the thrift store and it is a tiny collared button down with teeny little bugs of some sort that have classy little vests and top hats and they are holding umbrellas. so good. and it was never even worn- it still has the little paper tag that says it was originally one dollar and ninety eight cents.

manny bought me tickets for christmas, so we went to see ira glass at the kimmel center and i loved it. have i ever told you i am in love with ira glass? it is very true. i am on the lookout for a new place to live, and my first gift to myself for my new place is going to be this print. i really want the original painting, but it's a bit out of my budget right now.



i also had a whole lot of fun last night with some old co-workers and friends that i do not see nearly enough these days. we danced a lot. it was good. i needed a little fun.

so much more happened since my last post, but i have to get back to work! i added a new batch of zipper purses to my shop about an hour ago. find them here.






i will have more shoulder bags in the shop soon, i promise.

look for some new spring colors in the shop also to help you think warm thoughts!

7 comments:

brooke @ claremont road said...

Sigh.... I can't wait for the stupid economy to stop sucking and a new job to come for my husband so I can buy one of your pretty creations!

Unknown said...

Do you plan your outfits for your photoshoots?! Seriously cute always..

Anonymous said...

The colors are so gorgeous! I can't wait for the bags.

Anonymous said...

Wow your really busy! Seems like your balancing work and fun well. n__n I also love the colors of your new zipper purses..so pretty! I'm looking forward to more of your a roundy-bottomed tough ruffles zipper purse in two shades of pink to match my small zipper purse! Im still looking forward till your able to accept custom order. Have a lovely merry day!

Jimin said...

good luck with the bambi show. your work is always very inspiring. my favorite thing is listen to the american life on my ipod and sew.

Banana-head Pancake said...

oh, ira...
I'm very jealous of you having seen him in the flesh.
but thank you for showing off that print!
have a great show!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Everywhere I go people comment on my beautiful purse from your shop. Seriously, I am addicted and then you put out spring colors...sigh.